“EA SPORTS NHL(r) 15 is the first title in a new generation of hockey videogames that boldly changes everything you know about the award winning franchise.
Experience the hard hitting chaos and unpredictability of the sport as real-world physics are extended to all 12 players on the ice as well as the puck itself. Look move play and think like a real hockey player with all new authentic player modelling and an evolved arsenal of tools including the Superstar Skill Stick and Vision AI that allow for an unprecedented level of control and elevated player intelligence. Take in the emotion of every play as you immerse yourself in authentic arenas across the National Hockey League in front of a full house of fans created with 9000 dynamic and individual crowd models the most ever in a sports videogame. Finally witness the most realistic broadcast package to date as NHL 15 overhauls the look of the game with the new NBC SPORTS Game Day Presentation featuring the commentary team of Mike Doc Emrick and Eddie Olczyk alongside TSN analyst Ray Ferraro.
From the ice to the fans to the presentation NHL 15 brings to life the sights sounds and feel of the fastest team sport on the planet like no other game before.
- 12 Player NHL Collision Physics – For the first time in any sports game real-world physics affects every player through every on-ice collision with the new 12 Player NHL (r) Collision Physics. Utilizing the power of the next generation consoles and building off the critically-acclaimed NHL Collision Physics system every player on the ice is governed by physics at all times. Feel the hard-hitting chaos of NHL hockey through true-to-life secondary collisions net scrambles and player pileups capturing the desperation of every shift.
- Real Puck Physics – The puck is one of the most complex items in the game to authentically replicate and it finally gets its due in NHL 15. Completely rebuilt puck physics result in a more realistic feel to every puck interaction. Everything on the ice including the ice surface itself is live which leads to the unpredictable and authentic puck spins rolls and bounces seen in a real NHL game.
- Authentic Player & Equipment Models – The Next Generation Hockey Player has been rebuilt from the ice up. Now player models have three distinct layers – the body equipment and jersey. Each layer interacts independently making every contact with the puck or other players even more realistic. Dynamic Cloth technology adds an added layer of realism as it reacts to the players movement as they explode up the ice helping bring the speed of the game to life.
- Unprecedented Player Likeness – Powered by the same technology that brought the most realistic representation of the athlete to EA SPORTS UFC NHL 15 delivers groundbreaking player likeness emotion and animation. From the strides a player takes to get across the ice to the emotion on their face after scoring a game winning goal the players are as real as theyve ever been.
- Superstar Skill Stick – Now all the tools of an NHL superstar are in your hands. The revolutionary Skill Stick has evolved to give even more control to the player. Protect the puck receive passes without breaking stride and discover an arsenal of new dekes all with an intuitive right stick control scheme that is easy to use but packed with depth.
- Vision AI – An elevated level of player intelligence Vision AI features evolved awareness with players reading and reacting to potential plays scoring area recognition pass anticipation and enhanced team breakouts that improve the flow of the game.
- A New Commentary Team – New voices for a new generation. NHL 15 welcomes the NBC Sports commentary team of Mike Doc Emrick and Eddie Olczyk to the broadcast booth alongside TSN analyst Ray Ferraro to provide game insights at ice level. Leveraging the same Vision AI foundation that the players have and just like a live broadcast Doc Eddie and Ray will anticipate plays and ramp up their intensity to match the action on the ice with more than 35000 lines of brand-new commentary.
- NBC SPORTS Game Day Presentation – The most realistic broadcast package in a video game to-date is possible because of a new partnership with NBC SPORTS. Watch authentic NBC flyovers during the game intros and immerse yourself in an experience that matches what you see on television with NHL on NBC graphics and branding.
- Real Life Broadcast Integration – When we say Doc and Eddie are in the game we mean really in the game. Taking commentary integration to the next level NHL 15 will feature live pre-game video commentary with the real Doc and Eddie in the game. Set against NHL 15 in-game visuals the result is a revolutionary step forward in sports videogames where the lines between the real world of sport broadcast and the game are blurred.
- Over 9000 Crowd Models – NHL 15 sets a new standard in videogames with more than 9000 individual crowd models with 4x the animations of previous generations. Take a look through the glass and youll see fans hold up signs with your name on them costume wearing superfans or even sections full of team rivals rooting against you.
- Living Crowds – The crowd is alive. Feel the crowd behavior change after dropping the gloves landing a big hit or scoring a clutch goal. Individual behaviors are mapped to each person in the crowd as they anticipate the play taunt players clap to music from the dynamic Jumbotron or even take a quick break from the action to snap a selfie and immortalize their experience.
- Authentic Arenas – There is no feeling like being there and we are giving you the best seats at every arena in the league. The power of the next-gen consoles finally allows the NHL franchise to capture every detail of an NHL arena. Unique arena elements from more than 19000 seat capacities to lighting and player entrance tunnels are captured with a level of detail not possible on the previous generation. Now those home games will truly feel like home.