Set in 19th Century China; Crouching Tiger; Hidden Dragon is a martial arts fighting game based on the classic teachings and techniques of the Wudan style. Combining adventure and intense; dynamic combat with the ability to explore lush; interactive environments; Crouching Tiger; Hidden Dragon suspends the laws of space; gravity; and the human body. Players represent one of four characters: Li Mu Bai; Yu Shu Lien; Jen Yu or Lo.
Each character possesses specific moves talents and deadly weapons; players must work to improve their fighting skills as they compete against intelligent foes and seek revenge against the sinister Jade Fox (killer of Li Mu Bai’s master and Yu Shu Lien’s fiance). The gameplay experience effectively captures the martial arts magic and fluidity of movement that made the film a huge success:
- Engage in the intricate sword-fighting and superhuman acrobatics of the movie
- Run jump leap climb hang block dodge fight hand-to-hand defy gravity and use special combination moves unique to each character
- Explore environments from the film including the bamboo forest the waterfall the bar room the Governors Palace and the streets of Beijing
- Use strategy and strength to vanquish enemies on the ground on rooftops atop trees and in the water
- Relive the film experience with rich storylines distinctive characters and Mandarin dialogue with English subtitles